Need Security Work?
I am pleased to announce that I am offering my services to business owners and individuals who need assistance with security (or other tasks, for that matter).
My current rate is $1 per minute, or $60 an hour, plus materials. I bill in one minute increments and there is no minimum.
Here are some examples of what I can help with:
- Clean up a blog or web site after a hack.
- Look at your blog or website and tell you about security vulnerabilities you can fix (I can even fix them for you if you control the software / script and an update is available).
- Analysis of your web site’s risk posture.
- Create training / procedure documentation (video, written, etc. — according to your needs and desires).
I am also able and willing to perform writing tasks, proofreading, etc.
If you’d like to conduct an interview or work with me on a digital product (i.e. a security ebook), we can negotiate rates and commissions. Short “publicity” type interviews (generally under 30 minutes) are always considered and I usually don’t charge for them.
Here’s how it works:
- Go to Protector Support to contact me. Please include a brief description of what you would like for me to do.
- I will take a look at the job. If I think it’s beyond my capabilities and/or I don’t have the time to do it, I’ll politely and quickly turn it down so that you don’t waste time.
- If I can take the job, I’ll send you back an estimate for the job.
- If you agree to the estimate and terms, pay half of the estimated cost up-front (the balance is due upon completion).
Payment method is PayPal. I do not accept other methods.
I look forward to helping you better protect your business.
Tom Brownsword, CISSP, GCIA, Security+, ITILv3